Changes in the Automotive Industry are accelerating rapidly. An ever increasing array of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assist Systems) technologies combined with the transition to electric vehicles is causing massive disruption. It's vital that we stay ahead of these changes in order to remain competitive. These challenges have resulted in the need for further specialization and stricter compliance. Profitability is being squeezed even harder.
Collision, Glass and General Repair Shops are affected.
TEXAS LEGISLATORS ARE TAKING NOTICE. BILL 1083 HAS PASSED.
OEM PROCURES AND SPECIFICATIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED PRECISELY.
LAWYERS ARE STARTING TO SPECIALIZE IN ADAS RELATED ACCIDENTS.
This proposal will show you how we can improve your profitability, reduce potential liabilities and perform compliant repairs by partnering with us.
We specialize in ADAS diagnosis, repair, calibration and verification so that you don't have to. We strictly control environmental factors to ensure OUR CALIBRATIONS ARE OEM COMPLIANT AND WE CAN PROVE IT.
YOUR COST IS ZERO.
In fact, we think we can make you money, reduce business risk and give you peace of mind knowing that you are obtaining compliant calibrations. Sounds too good to be true? Read on and see for yourself what we can do for you.
TEXAS SB 1083 LEGISLATION
A variety of state legislators (New Hampshire, Texas, Utah) have passed or are considering (Arizona, Illinois, Maryland) Bills that require OEM SPECIFICATIONS ARE TO BE FOLLOWED in collision repairs, glass replacement and advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) calibration services covered by insurance. More states are expected to follow with similar legislation.
TEXAS SENATE BILL 1083 passed on April 5, 2023 and takes effect September 1, 2023. See the attachment at the end of this report for more details.
This Bill MANDATES THE USE OF OEM PARTS AND REPAIR PROCEDURES for cars delivered new and owned by the insured for 36 months or less unless the owner signs a disclosure opting out of this requirement before the repair begins. If the owner opts out there may be adverse implications to the OEM warranty.
For cars that have been owned by the insured over 36 months there is no requirement for OEM parts or repair processes.
Legislators recognize the importance of following OEM procedures. This protects consumers safety and warranty.
ADAS REPAIRS OR CALIBRATIONS THAT DO NOT CONFORM TO OEM REQUIREMENTS LEAVE CONSUMERS AT RISK.
COMPLIANT CALIBRATIONS REQUIRE A DEDICATED CALIBRATION FACILITY THAT IS CERTIFIED TO MEET OEM SPECIFICATIONS.
CALIBRATIONS IN A PARKING LOT OR SHOP ARE NOT OEM COMPLIANT IF YOU CAN'T PROVE THE ENVIRONMENT AND METHODS USED MEET OEM SPECIFICATIONS.
LAWYERS ARE STARTING TO FOCUS ON ACCIDENTS RESULTING FROM MALFUNCTION OF ADAS SYSTEMS.
ARE YOU WILLING TO EXPOSE YOUR CUSTOMERS TO IMPROPER CALIBRATION OF VEHICLE SAFETY SYSTEMS?
COMMON OEM CALIBRATION SPECIFICATIONS
- FLOOR SURFACE CAN'T HAVE MORE THAN A 1 DEGREE HORIZONTAL SLOPE.
- In some cases, the floor must be level to 10 mm.
- A well lit area with no bright objects at the back of the target (no sunlight, shade, windows, illumination, or reflectors).
- Light-colored walls and radar absorbing materials to reduce interference.
- Use a light control system that can be set to the appropriate level.
- Space requirements are generally 30 x 50 feet.
- Adjustments outside are not recommended.
- Uninterrupted power supply.
- OEM TARGETS.
OUR DEDICATED ADAS CALIBRATION FACILITY MEETS OR EXCEEDS OEM SPECIFICATIONS AND WE CAN PROVE IT.
OUR FLOOR IS CERTIFIED LEVEL
Can you prove your calibrations are OEM compliant?
PROBLEM - COMPLICATIONS AND NOT GETTING PAID
Most collision shops tend to fix cars according to the estimate provided by the insurance company.
This means the shop may be COST CONTROLLED inadvertently.
It appears they may be controlling costs by NOT RECOGNIZING OEM CALIBRATION AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS.
To make matters worse, many are NOT ALLOWING MARKUP.
These problems place the shop at a disadvantage since they make it harder to maintain profitability and these hidden complications have resulted in exposure to INCREASED LIABILITY.
Who gets sued if something goes wrong?
SOLUTION - SIMPLICITY AND GETTING PAID
Houston ADAS solves these problems by:
- GENERATE AN INCOME STREAM from your ADAS calibrations. Jointly, we can work together to optimize your income as fully as possible.
- You no longer have to rely on markup from an insurance company to improve profitability.
- Since OUR FACILITY IS COMPLIANT to OEM repair requirements, calibrations and safety operations conform to proper specifications for each brand.
- OEM Procedures, Position Statements, Photo Documentation Library, comprehensive Pre and Post Scans along with detailed Invoices prove calibrations and safety operations are completed properly.
- This detailed documentation justifies each repair and reduces repair liabilities significantly by proving calibration compliance.
- NO RISK GUARANTEE - If you are not reimbursed by an insurance company you do not have to pay!
- Our convenient pick up and drop off service reduces your cycle time to a minimum.
- No need to set aside valuable shop space or expend needless administrative time for calibrations so you can focus on what you do best - repair cars.
METHODOLOGY - OUR FOCUS IS ON YOUR NEEDS
We want to provide you with OEM compliant calibrations in a timely fashion to help improve your profitability and reduce administrative burden.
- EMAIL COPY OF ESTIMATE TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your estimate will be analyzed with a variety of tools to define all ADAS calibration and safety requirements that are required by each brand for a given collision.
- All OEM procedures and Position Statements are supplied to fully justify all operations.
- AN ADAS SUBLET ESTIMATE IS PRODUCED that can be integrated with your estimate before it is sent to the insurance company for authorization. With your permission, we may be able to enter the ADAS requirements directly into your back office system on your behalf. You remain in control of submission to the insurance company. This simplification saves you from additional administrative burden.
- After approval has been received and repairs completed, SELECT PICKUP TIME from our online scheduler. Available time slots are in 90 minute increments. Other than selecting a pickup time, you only need to enter your details once. All future pickups are simply a click away. No need to call for an appointment.
- We will pick up the car and take it to our calibration facility. Required procedures are implemented to ensure everything is compliant. Effort will be made to return your car the same day.
- Month end invoices are sent with net 15 day terms.
- Monthly billing allows us to create a legal and compliant REBATE SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU. This will compensate you for insurance companies that don't allow markup on ADAS sublets.
- Rebates are UP TO 25%. For example, if you send us at least 15 cars a month and the total of all calibrations for the month is $10,000, a credit for $2,500 will be applied to your invoice. The amount owing would be $7,500. This will allow you to keep $2,500 of the $10,000 you received from the insurance companies. Parts and other minor miscellaneous items may be excluded from this calculation.
MISSION STATEMENT - PROTECTING LIVES
Houston ADAS protects lives through the precise calibration of vehicle safety systems.
ABOUT HOUSTON ADAS
We are different from other ADAS services in that we believe that a PRECISE CALIBRATION CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED BY CONTROLLING ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS that meet or exceed OEM specifications in our own dedicated facility.
ADAS CALIBRATION SERVICES
ADAS DIAGNOSTIC, REPAIR, CALIBRATION AND VERIFICATION services are provided to collision and auto repair centers. All work is performed to OEM specifications in a strictly controlled lab like environment. We validate system operation via a post calibration verification and road testing.
Do you get burdened by significant diagnostic and electronic problems? We can help!
QUALIFICATIONS - WE ARE EXPERTS
DAVID EVANS BSc, MSc - Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Certified ADAS Technician
An entrepreneur with over three decades of successful management and operational experience.
I-Car ProLevel 1 and 2 ADAS certification.
DESIGNED AND BUILT A STATE OF THE ART ADAS CALIBRATION FACILITY drawing on the expertise and continued support of some of the best minds in the ADAS industry through a strategic partnership. www.houstonadas.com
Owns and operates Phil's Car Care, a full service auto and light truck repair facility. Ranked at 4.6 out of 292 Google reviews. Certified as a NAPA Gold Auto Car Center. Less than 500 out of over 17,000 NAPA Auto Care Centers have attained this distinction. www.philscarcaretx.com
CARLOS LOPEZ - Certified ADAS Technician
A well seasoned mechanic with specialization in electronic diagnostics, repair, calibration and programming.
I-Car ProLevel 1 and 2 ADAS certification.
CARLOS TORRES - ASE Certified Master Mechanic.
Master Technician specializing in electronic diagnostics, repair and programming.
ELIZABETH VILLARREAL - Partner Coordinator
Expert in coordinating all your calibration needs.
SCHEDULING CALIBRATIONS IS EASY
WE ARE READY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS TODAY!
Simply email us your estimate, integrate our supplement, obtain approval, fix the car and schedule your calibration. We will take it from there. If additional work is required we will obtain your approval before proceeding.
We can even set up your scheduler on all your devices. Want it on your smartphone? No problem!
YOUR COST IS ZERO
OUR SERVICES DON'T COST YOU A THING.
In fact, we make you money! If you are not reimbursed by an insurance company you don't have to pay!
BENEFITS RESULT IN PEACE OF MIND
- NEW PROFIT CENTER - Our rebate allows you to make up to 15% on all ADAS calibration and safety procedures.
- REDUCED LIABILITY - Our photo documentation library is second to none! Everything is proven and verified. It is designed to stand up in court.
- CALIBRATION COMPLIANCE - We make sure the job is done right. The first time!
- TIMELY UPDATES - We keep you in the loop. We welcome your questions.
- TRANSPARENT - If something comes up, we are open and honest.
- CONVENIENCE - One click scheduling. No need for phone calls. Pick up and delivery.
- PEACE OF MIND - Business is complicated enough. We want to be your trusted partner. Let us ease your administrative and shop burden with respect to ADAS. Together we will make sure each job is done right the first time. Every time.
REDUCE RISK AND MAKE MONEY GET STARTED TODAY!
Fair price for a fair job. Good service with a friendly staff